WHO WE ARE
Monopoly Events (NW) Ltd, company address: 651a Mauldeth Road West Chorlton, Manchester, England, M21 7SA, trading as ‘Monopoly Events’
BEFORE YOU GO ANY FURTHER
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND WHEN
We will collect personal information from you by way of:
• Emails and other electronic communications you send to us
• Any customer forum or other discussion forums we host on our Sites or other material posted by you on website
• Forms which you complete on our website (for example in signing up to our latest offers and news)
• Purchasing tickets from us
• Any other ways you communicate with us from time to time (such as when you contact our booking office or participate in any competition, promotion or offer we run)
• Posts and comments you make to our corporate presence on social media platforms (such as Facebook or Twitter)
• Website browsing activity such as pages you visit and the products you buy or intend to buy
• Third-party behaviour and activity tracking on our websites, where you have consented to these activities e.g. with Google, Facebook and Twitter.
LEGAL BASIS FOR USING YOUR INFORMATION
• You have given your consent to us using your information as described in this Policy
• The use is necessary to perform a contract between us or to take steps which you requested us to take before entering into a contract
• The use is necessary to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject
• The use is necessary to save your life or that of another individual
• The use is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests which are to provide you with our services and keep you updated on those services
We may collect the following types of personal information:
• Your name, address, date of birth, email address and other contact details
• Your passwords and preferred user names, account details. If you submit details to us of any other person (e.g. a friend) please make sure that they are aware that you are doing so before you provide these details
• Full details of any of our products you purchase, the events you attend or our other services you may use from time to time
• Your preferences and interests
• Details of any feedback you may have in respect of our website or about us in general, including any complaints
• Payment details
• Information from banking, credit card and credit reference agencies
• Full details of the purchases you make
• Information on what you view, click on and access
• Personal information which is lawfully available from social media sources which is placed in the public domain by social media networks such as Facebook and Twitter. You should review the terms and conditions and privacy policies of the social media networks you use to understand what personal information relating to you they will put in the public domain and how you can stop them if you are unhappy about it
Some personal information we require that you provide in order for us to be able to provide the services. Other information is voluntary. We will make it clear which personal information you have to give at the point of collection. If you do not provide this personal information, you will not be able to benefit from some of the features of Our Sites or any of the related activities.
In addition to the personal information we collect in the above ways, we may also collect personal information about your visits to Our Sites and about your computer including, but not limited to traffic data, location data, weblogs, the resources that you access, when you access Our Sites, when you leave one of Our Sites, your IP address, your operating system and browser type. This other information is collected by cookies.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will use the personal information collected
• To supply you with the information, products and services you have requested from us and to enable us to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
• To respond to any queries, suggestions or complaints you have raised with us
• To contact you from time to time, using the method you have chosen (including but not limited to email, SMS and post), about things you have told us you want to hear about, for example about, changes to Our Sites or our policies, our products, events, news, offers, competitions and other services and to make suggestions and recommendations to you about products, services and events which may be of interest to you
• To allow other people to contact you (but only where you have told us this is ok) about things you told us you want to hear about, using the method you have chosen (including but not limited to email, SMS and post). These things may include their products, news, offers, competitions and other services
• To allow you to participate in any interactive part of our website if you choose to do so
• To help personalise your experience of our website
• To assist and enable us to provide products, events and other services to our customers and prospective customers
• To make suggestions and recommendations to other users of Our Sites about products, services and events which may be of interest to them
• To monitor the use of our website
• To respond to any social media post or comments you make where these are made direct to us or in the public domain
• For event organisers and promoters to allow them to deliver their event or service
• For administrative, historic research and statistical analysis purposes relating to our business or our website, including the maintenance of appropriate records
• Where otherwise permitted by law, for example in the prevention and detection of crime affecting us or our industry. We reserve the right to report any activity which we suspect violates any relevant laws or regulations to the appropriate authority. If we are requested by such authority for the personal information we reserve the right to disclose it to them
• To help personalise your experience in emails, SMS or advertising based on your personal information and behaviour on our websites
Much of the personal information we receive is provided electronically, originating with your relevant device and then transmitted to us by your relevant telecoms network provider.
We follow strict security procedures and use industry-standard practices to safeguard the confidentiality of the personal information we hold. We treat personal information as an asset that must be protected against loss and unauthorised access. Our employees use many different security techniques to protect personal information from unauthorised access by users inside and outside the company. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We will, of course, comply with our legal obligations. If we provide you with a user ID and password to enable you to access restricted areas of Our Sites or other content or services you must ensure that the user ID and password is kept confidential. You accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your user ID or password unless such activities were the result of a failure in our security.
If you purchase tickets from us, the transaction will be made on our ticketing partners website. In addition to the above personal information we will also collect the following personal information during the purchase:
• Payment details
• Information from banking, credit card and credit reference agencies
• Full details of the purchases you make
• Information on what you view, click on, purchase and access.
We work in partnership with a payments service provider for secure transaction handling. We take security very seriously.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND THIRD PARTIES
We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, marketing providers, analytics providers, search information providers and credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them or from any other people where you give them permission to share information with us, or otherwise where they can lawfully do so. We cannot run our business or provide many of the services and benefits you expect to receive without involving other people and businesses and sometimes we pass your information to these other people and businesses as set out below. We only share your information where we can do so in accordance with our legal data protection and privacy obligations.
We shall not release the personal information we collect to any third parties unless:
• We are obliged or permitted to do so by law
• We need to in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of use and/or other agreements between us
• Material uploaded or posted by you on our site violates the rights of a third party
• We need to, to protect ourselves, our group companies, customers, the public and/or property (which may include us exchanging personal information and other information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction)
• If fraud or other criminal conduct is suspected (in which case we may disclose personal information to the police and other relevant authorities)
• We have your consent to do so
• It is necessary to do so to provide the products or services chosen by you, in which case we will inform of this when we collect your personal information
• The Police, Local Authorities, HMRC, the court or any other local government bodies request it and we may lawfully disclose it, for example, for the prevention and detection of crime
• We sell any of our business assets we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller of such business assets
• We or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets
How Long We Keep Your Personal Information For
We may retain your personal information for historic research and statistical purposes for as long as we choose (which may be indefinitely).
Otherwise, in accordance with our legal data protection and privacy obligations, we will only retain your personal information for as long as we actually need it to achieve the purpose(s) for which we have obtained it in the first place. We will then either securely delete it or anonymise it so that it cannot be linked back to you.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfillment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
We take steps to make sure that, when your personal information is handled in another country, appropriate protection is in place, in line with data-protection laws. Often, this protection is set out under a contract with the organisation who receives that information. For more information about this protection, please contact us at
You have the following rights under GDPR:
• The right to be informed
• The right of access
• The right to rectification
• The right to erasure
• The right to restrict processing
• The right to data portability
• The right to object
• Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
• The right to complain to the ICO
If you have subscribed to marketing you have the right to opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us at any time. To exercise this right contact our Marketing Department by email on email@example.com
Our Sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
Under Data Protection Laws you are entitled to be given by us a description of all personal information we hold about you, the purposes for which this is being processed and the recipients to whom this may be disclosed. You also have the right to have communicated to you, in an intelligible form, the information constituting the personal information and any information available to us as to the source of that personal information. We reserve the right not to comply with any requests we receive where we may lawfully do so, for example, if we reasonably believe a request to be malicious, technically very onerous, to involve disproportionate effort or to be harmful to the rights of others.
For Subject Access Requests please contact us, you can email or write to us at 651a Mauldeth Road West Chorlton, Manchester, England, M21 7SA
You also have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner if you believe there is a problem with the way we use your personal information. If you are resident or domiciled in the UK please see which provides more information about privacy issues and your related rights.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated by emailing:
REMOVAL OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you wish to be taken off Monopoly Events records please e-mail
To unsubscribe from marketing emails you can click unsubscribe on any email you receive from us.
A BIT MORE ABOUT US
Our full legal name is Monopoly Events (NW) Ltd. We are a limited company registered in England and Wales (company number: 09963416). Our registered office is at 651a Mauldeth Road West Chorlton, Manchester, England, M21 7SA
We are what is known as the “data controller” of the personal information you provide to us. This term means we control the way your personal information is used and processed.
We are registered with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) under the Data Protection Act 1998. Our registration number is CSN6700587. The ICO makes the registered details of all data controllers publicly available.